BYU Football Game At Coastal Carolina Will Have 5,000 Attendees
PROVO, Utah – The game of the week in college football is BYU and Coastal Carolina (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. MT). Two undefeated teams will square off near Myrtle Beach for a chance to improve their status in the College Football Playoff rankings and a chance at New Year’s Six bowl bids.
Will anyone be allowed to attend?
Attendance for BYU Football game at Coastal Carolina
Schedule Change: No. 14 Coastal to Host No. 8 BYU this Saturday https://t.co/lxYbEZftce
— Coastal Football (@CoastalFootball) December 3, 2020
Coastal Carolina home games at Brooks Stadium in Conway, South Carolina, have allowed 5,000 attendees at each game this season. That 5,000 number includes teams, coaching staffs, gameday staff, gameday operations, working media, band, spirit teams, volunteers, and spectators.
So if you’re looking to find a ticket to the first-ever football meeting between the Cougars and Chanticleers, it’s going to be a tough ticket to find. Coastal Carolina’s ticket office doesn’t list any tickets available for purchase.
— Mitch Harper (@Mitch_Harper) December 3, 2020
If you do get your hands on a ticket to the game featuring BYU football, the good news is you’ll be able to do some tailgating at Brooks Stadium.
Coastal Carolina has allowed tailgating at an individual’s discretion. Tents and other items that encourage large groups are prohibited.
Individuals in attendance for Saturday’s game will need to wear face coverings at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
Here’s a full list of all the safety measures that will be in place for those that will be in attendance at Saturday’s BYU/Coastal Carolina matchup.
STADIUM SAFETY MEASURES
- Fans who are listed among the CDC’s at-risk groups are especially vulnerable and should consider staying home and refraining from attending events.
- Face coverings are required unless eating or drinking.
- Pregame traditions like the Chant Walk will not take place in 2020.
- Fans will be seated in pods of two or four affiliated guests in socially-distanced pods.
- One-way traffic flow will be implemented to enter and exit the stadium.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at each entrance gate and throughout the stadium.
- Clear Bag policy will be enforced as normal.
- No stadium re-entry (pass-outs) permitted.
- All restrooms will be open. Max capacities will be identified based on the number of fixtures and the appropriate six feet of physical distancing within the restroom area.
- Concessions will be open and will follow SC DHEC protocols related to food and beverage service to include, but are not limited to, physical distancing in lines, cashless and/or touchless payment options where applicable, and pre-packaged food and beverage items for sale.
- Digital ticketing is encouraged this year for safe and easy entry into the stadium.
- Print at home tickets are also encouraged.
- If you would like paper tickets, please e-mail email@example.com with your name.
- Parking lots open two hours prior to kickoff.
- Fans are asked to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing in parking areas.
- University shuttle services will be offered with reduced capacities. Fans will be required to wear face coverings and drivers will strictly enforce the number of shuttle passengers allowed.
- Drivers will wear face coverings at all times and protective sneeze guards have been installed around the driver and between each row of seating.
- Lots close one hour after the conclusion of the game.
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings